Sunday 31 August 2008

DR-2 has reached Code freeze status








Howdy!

I am glad to announce that MaXX Desktop has reached code freeze for
the Developer Release 2 version and I should be pretty close to
release it at the expected date... CORRECTION October-6th 2008!

I took that screenshot from my QuadCore Q6700 machine running a
full Ubuntu 8.04.1 x86_64 environment with full NVidia support and Xinerama (of course).


DR-2 will be made available in .dep packages, bare-bone shell installer for the die hard and a new Live CD for those who wants to have a fully functional Desktop right out of the box....

Eric Masson

5Dwm.org || MaXXDesktop.com



2 comments:

Unknown said...

As older user of SGI workstation I'm very interested in your project.
I've several old programs originally developed on an old Indy
That I want to resume. I've a new quad core box with Nvidia Quadro graphic card ready for maxx desktop.
What linux distro's are supported in order to running maxx desktop, and what are the system requirements?
Because at moment I've not choose the linux distro.
For my other computer I use Scientific Linux 5.2.
Best compliments from italy
Andrea

MaXX Desktop said...

Hi,

I would say that Ubuntu is your best bet at the moment. DR-2 will be release with Ubuntu-8.04 packages and a MaXXbuntu LiveCD.

Both 32 and 64 bit architectures will be supported!

Cheers,

e

Nvidia Driver Widget